The Office of Research (OoR), a division of the Dean’s Office in the College of Education, is committed to supporting faculty members in their efforts to obtain external funding. We are available to assist faculty in identifying funding sources, preparing proposals, providing knowledge on University and College policies, and serving as a liaison between the College, FSU Sponsored Research, and funding agencies. Our goal is to make the application process as smooth as possible for faculty.
The services we offer include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Meetings with the Senior Editor and/or the Associate Dean for Research to discuss research ideas.
- Assistance in formulating a research project plan and transforming a research idea into a well-written proposal narrative.
- Review of RFPs to ensure that the requested work falls within the broad mission of the College, and to verify that the University is eligible to submit a proposal.
- Assistance with budget planning for a proposal, based on the project narrative and research design. This includes assistance in preparing budget numbers and writing a budget justification, and providing guidance on compliance with state and federal laws related to spending. Our office can provide up to date information on salaries, benefit, health insurance, tuition rates, consulting standards, travel costs, and more.
- Assistance in preparing funding agency and University proposal forms. Through this process, we will check all proposal documents to ensure they comply with RFP guidelines for submission, and we will help make any necessary changes.
- Help in planning for cost sharing to meet proposal requirements, including assisting with University forms for proof of cost sharing.
- Assistance with completing all internal FSU proposal forms and attaining required signatures.
The pre-award services offered by the Office of Research are provided by our Grant Managers, Senior Editor, the Administrator of the Office, the Associate Dean for Research, and a full complement of support staff, all of whom are dedicated to providing you with outstanding pre-award service. We hope that you will take advantage of the services we offer. To do so, please contact us via e-mail, phone (850) 645-9521, or in person (suite 1211 Stone Building).